Here is the list from the sheriff’s last (first?) donations from this election cycle. Lots of other great places to go besides these. I am still deciding if I want to list various investment & real estate firms run by friends of the sheriff or if that will just clutter the list since so many seem to be little more than a name in strange networks of businesses. I will update this as information is available. I won’t list last election cycle at this point as I believe that some donors will have noted the problems and choose not to back them for yet another run.
- Azuma Japanese Restaurant, Portal Plaza, 19645 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino, CA 95014
- California Kitchen Cabinet Door, aka Cal Door or California Door, 400 Cochrane Cir Morgan Hill, CA, 95037
- Chateau Sonoma – 23588 Arnold Drive, Sonoma, CA
- CountyComm Government Products Group, http://www.countycomm.com/ no physical address
- CyberCSI, 3511 Thomas Road, #5, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Goodwill Industries of Silicon Valley, http://www.goodwillsv.org/shop/store-locations (There are many other great places to make your donations not seeking to profit, just do a google search in your area)
- Korea Garden Restaurant, 1535 Landess Ave, Milpitas, CA 95035
- Korean Ginseng Center, 3330 El Camino Real Ste 101,. Santa Clara, CA 95051
- Mama Mia’s Italian Restaurant, 1360 1st Street, Gilroy, CA
- Mama Mia’s Italian Restaurant, 200 E Hamilton Ave, Campbell, CA 95008
- Mama Mia’s Italian Restaurant, 275 E. Dunne Ave, Morgan Hill, CA
- Mama Mia’s Italian Restaurant, 6231 Graham Hill Rd, Felton, CA 95018
- Mirage Imaging Center, 15001 National Ave., Los Gatos, CA 95032
- Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill, 1035 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128
- Ninja Sushi, 715 1st St, Gilroy, CA 95020
- Sushi Tomo, 4131 El Camino Way, Palo Alto, CA 94306
- Teifeld & Company Insurance, 255 W Julian St # 403, San Jose, CA 95110
- WinVision — life, executive, and sports coach – http://www.anthonymetten.com is the current website, the old winvision site appears to be defunct & archived on the Way Back Machine. Odd.
A few oddities I found along the way that some may find interesting:
Sky Cycle seems to be a corporation name now being used for someone who donated to the sheriff previously under the name Chris Malachowski, a former executive of nVidia who lives in Los Altos Hills.
Lark Ave. LLC, seems to be the name Board member of the Sheriff’s Advisory Board, CCW holder and all around friend and supporter of the sheriff, Jim Rees is choosing to use now to make donations. It was only registered a year ago in July of 2015, and is actually listed as Lark Avenue LLC, which appears to be a bit of a minor change, but not when you’re looking up corporate names. It’s registered at the same address as Baccardo Management, which has been registered by Rees since 1998 and he listed himself as president of when he donated to Smith’s campaign in 2014.
Supreme Insurance Company — Registered by Anna Lee, this company is listed by the Secy of State as “FTB suspended” which means they failed to meet their Franchise Tax Board commitments either by not paying or failing to file. I don’t believe you can take donations from a defunct corporation.
Aria Technologies, owned by Joe & Paula McGuiness; between the three entities, they’ve donated $4K in just a month to the campaign of Laurie Smith.
DONGBU Hitek is a Korean company with what appears to be US sales offices. It is unclear if the donor is a US citizen/naturalized. If not, this would also be an illegal donation