let’s revisit where we’ve been before we allow hyperbole to pull us off track over a couple of questions. I don’t care what gender the sheriff is, what I care about is public safety. What I care about is that the Sierra LaMars, the Martha Casillas, the Adelita Rojas’, and the Audrie Potts of our county get justice. They were all women too, now voiceless victims who have been failed by an incompetent and unconcerned sheriff. Which women are you going to stand with? I won’t, in good conscience, support a woman, or a man, who not only fails to do their job, but exhibits such negligence that years after major incidents has never held an after action meeting to identify errors, improve policy and ensure if a similar even occurs again, that the response improves. She has show us nothing short of indifference and negligence in numerous incidents.
Here are the top 15 or so blog posts over the last quarter. If you support the incumbent, that is fine, but do not fall apart when some one asks you how you can support her remaining in a position where she has failed us so badly.
- When She Has Nothing Left, The Sheriff Attacks the Victims
- Trains, Planes and Automobiles
- Another Bad Interview for Sheriff Smith
- Taxpayers Fund Election-time Face Lift
- Refusing to Answer is Not a Response
- 9 Felony Counts, Stolen & Disappearing Cars and a Demand for Transparency
- When a Victim Has No Voice
- Why the Sheriff Election of 2014 is so Important
- Failed Lessons in Delayed Justice Redux – Could Your Child be the Next Victim?
- From A Woman’s Point of View
- A Sheriff’s Tale of Two Cities
- It Was a Terror Attack… What Was the Response by the Sheriff?
- Who Will Find Your Child?
- Palo Alto Daily: Retired Cops Slam Sheriff
- It’s Our Voice, We’ll Keep It, Thank You
Let’s not allow people using ploys of victimization to try to change the topic when we ask them “tough” questions. The results of this race are just too important to anyone who is going to rely on public safety services of this county in the future.
Next week I have several stories that are on the board for completion — you won’t be disappointed, unfortunately it’s not likely that you’ll be surprised by the behavior of our incumbent either. Have a great weekend and we’ll see you Monday with that first story.